Divorce Decree Philadelphia attorneyThe judgments in divorce situations are based on the familial situation at the time. It’s not unusual for circumstances to change after a divorce has been finalized, , as in the case of child support, for example. When this happens, a post-judgment modification may be in order.

Family law attorney in Pennsylvania, William Kirby can help you petition the court for a post judgment modification. His 12 years of legal experience and strong court presence enable him to pursue such judgments with great success.

Common Family Law Post Judgment Modifications

Post judgment modifications are allowed in PA if the circumstances of either party affected by the original order have changed substantially. Modifications of the following may be sought:

  • Child Custody
  • Child Visitation
  • Child Support
  • Spousal Support / Alimony

The one seeking the modification is charged with proving the need for modification to the courts. Significant life changes that could force a modification include: marriages, births/adoptions, job or income changes, or relocation, among others.

Even with proof, post judgment modifications are not guaranteed, nor are the amounts petitioned for guaranteed. The court bases its decision on many factors, just as it did in the original ruling. This makes family law post judgment modification cases particularly complex. Such cases require the expertise of an experienced post judgment lawyer in Philadelphia as well as Pennsylvania.

In some cases, what you may believe is enough to warrant a modification is not enough to convince the court. Before you head down that path, consult our Pennsylvania law firm; we can advise you on the strengths and weaknesses of your case, and discuss your legal options.

Find Out If You Have a Post Judgment Modification Case

If you believe your divorce agreement needs modification, call PA Family Law at 267-225-6233 to schedule an initial consultation for the best post judgment Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Mr. Kirby will review the circumstances surrounding the case and advise you if they are enough to warrant a petition to the courts or not. If they are, he can represent you in court and advocate on your behalf to ensure your rights and interests are protected.

Call William Now