Experienced family law representation in the six-county, Philadelphia metropolitan area, serving clients in both Pennsylvania (PA) and New Jersey (NJ).
The Family Law Practice of William Kirby has the experience, expertise and compassion to serve you. Having law offices in both Philadelphia PA and Moorestown NJ, we represent clients in Philadelphia, Delaware, Bucks and Montgomery counties in PA, and Burlington and Camden counties in NJ.
An experienced family law attorney, William Kirby has counseled countless clients in need of help with divorce, divorce mediation, child custody, child visitation, spousal support, and post judgement modifications. Mr. Kirby has the experience (more than ten years of negotiation and litigation experience) and compassion (personally went through a child custody dispute himself) to appreciate the spectrum of challenges (both legal and emotional) you are facing in your family law matters.
Rated as one of the best family law attorneys in Pennsylvania and New Jersey (winner of the 2017 National Academy of Family Law Attorneys top ten ranking award for both Pennsylvania and New Jersey attorneys), the Family Law Practice of William Kirby has a reputation for excellence in professional representation.
To speak with a member of our staff or to schedule a consultation at our Philadelphia or Moorestown offices, please give us a call today at 267-225-6233 (PA) or 856-242-1452 (NJ), or submit our contact form.
Knowledgeable family law attorney with law offices in both Philadelphia PA and Moorestown NJ
With law offices in both Philadelphia PA and Moorestown NJ, William Kirby is a family law attorney who focuses in PA and NJ family law matters to include:
- Child Custody- One of the most trying disputes a person can go through, child custody cases are emotionally charged and often wrought with tension. William Kirby is a family law attorney who will zealously advocate on your behalf to protect your parental rights and the best interests of your child(ren).
- Child Visitation- Courts are generally very supportive of a parent’s rights to see/be involved with their children and significantly weigh this consideration in their custody/best interests of the child(ren) determinations. Unfortunately, many parents are unaware of their rights and, without going to court, often meet with one-sided and unfair challenges (from their ex) to see their child(ren). If you need help with child visitation, give us a call.
- Divorce- If you have been served with divorce papers or are contemplating divorce, you will need a knowledgeable and experienced divorce counsel on your side. Divorce is a decision that can affect the rest of your and your family’s lives. It’s extremely important to understand all of the available legal options and protections to you as well as your rights and responsibilities. We at William Kirby, Family Law Practice are here to help guide and counsel you through this often emotional and difficult process.
- Divorce Mediation- Divorce mediation is a growing alternative to litigating your divorce. Mediation focuses on coming to mutually agreeable solutions regarding questions of custody, visitation, equitable distribution, spousal support, alimony, and other terms of a divorce. Many of the more-tense elements of a divorce proceeding can be best served when guided by an amicable divorce mediation. William Kirby, Family Law Practice has relationships with numerous divorce mediators that we trust and highly recommend and can help get you started with your mediation.
- Post Judgement Modifications- Courts rule on familial circumstances presented to the judge at the time of the case; accordingly, it’s not unusual for circumstances to substantially change after a court order has been issued. If you have a court order regarding spousal support, child support, child custody, or other ruling that needs to be modified, contact us today for assistance.
- Spousal Support, Temporary Alimony and/or Alimony- The right to receive or obligation to pay spousal support and/or alimony depends on numerous factors to include, but not limited to, marital misconduct, reasons for leaving martial residence, awarded child support and the timing of divorce actions. Whether you are looking to secure support or are faced with providing support, you need an experienced spousal support counsel to advise you. To schedule your initial consultation, contact us today.
At William Kirby, Family Law Practice, we understand and appreciate what you are going through in your family law matter(s) and, together, we will work to obtain the best possible outcome for you and your family’s future. For more information or to schedule a consultation with William Kirby, Family Law Attorney in our Philadelphia PA or Moorestown NJ office, please contact us today at 267-225-6233 (PA) or 856-242-1452 (NJ).
Experienced child custody lawyer in Philadelphia, serving clients in Philadelphia and its surrounding NJ and PA counties
Having years as a successful child custody lawyer in Philadelphia county and its surrounding counties (Burlington and Camden counties in NJ, and Bucks, Delaware and Montgomery counties in PA), William Kirby and his team are not only skilled, but also compassionate and understanding when it comes to the often emotionally charged nature of child custody disputes. A staunch supporter of serving the best interests of the child(ren), William will zealously advocate on your behalf to protect your parental rights and the best interests of your child(ren).
Child visitation representation in Philadelphia, serving clients in Philadelphia and its surrounding NJ and PA counties
Courts generally favor the involvement of both parents in the lives of their child(ren). Depending on your case, you may need legal representation to protect your rights regarding your visitation schedule with your child(ren). We are here to help, give us a call.
Experienced divorce lawyer in Philadelphia, serving clients in Philadelphia and its surrounding NJ and PA counties
If you are seeking an experienced divorce lawyer in Philadelphia or its surrounding counties (Burlington and Camden counties in NJ, and Bucks, Delaware and Montgomery counties in PA), William Kirby can help you successfully anticipate, consider, and execute divorce-related decisions that will likely affect you and your family for years to come. Throughout your divorce, Mr. Kirby will act as both your guide and advocate. First, he will help you to understand your various options/courses of action and their potential consequences of these options at each step of your divorce process. Once you have chosen a course of action, Mr. Kirby and his team will work with you and on your behalf to attain your desired result. At all times throughout your divorce, we will keep you both informed and involved. With offices in both Philadelphia PA and Moorestown NJ, our staff is here to help you and your family through this very often difficult time. Contact us today at 267-225-6233 (PA) or 856-242-1452 (NJ) for your initial consultation.
Divorce mediation in Philadelphia, serving clients in Philadelphia and its surrounding NJ and PA counties
We at William Kirby, Family Law Practice, emphasize the importance of considering divorce mediation as an alternative to litigation, as it often provides you with greater control over the final terms of your divorce. When parties litigate (go to court) to obtain a divorce, they place choices that likely will affect the rest of their lives in the hands of the judge. There are no promises and/or guarantees that the court’s decision(s) will comply with your desires. However, with mediation, you have direct input into the final terms of your marital settlement. Although divorce mediation is not for everyone, it may work for you and your situation. Contact us to schedule an initial consultation with Mr. Kirby for a candid and honest assessment of whether mediation is an advisable course for you. If an advisable course, our practice has relationships with numerous divorce mediators that we trust and highly recommend.
If you are considering divorce mediation in Philadelphia (or its surrounding NJ or PA counties) and are unsure of your next steps, contact us at William Kirby, Family Law Practice, we can help you get started.
Family law post judgement modifications in Philadelphia and its surrounding NJ and PA counties
Courts rule on facts/circumstances presented to them at that moment in time; accordingly, they cannot account for all possible future changed circumstances. Accordingly, post judgement modifications are often necessary to account for these substantial changes.
We have experience in seeking modifications to custody, visitation and support (child and spousal) orders. Contact us to schedule a consultation with Mr. Kirby to review your changed circumstances and how best to proceed.
Spousal support representation in Philadelphia and its surrounding NJ and PA counties
No matter what side of this particular coin you find yourself on, the laws surrounding spousal support, alimony pendente lite and/or alimony in NJ and PA can be confusing. These laws consider a spectrum of factors to include, but not limited to, the timing of your divorce actions, length of your marriage, parties’ ages, duration of your marriage and parties’ earning capacities. Understanding spousal support can be a difficult proposition so you will need the guidance of an experienced spousal support lawyer. William Kirby, Family Law Practice can help you fully understand your spousal support matter, better consider your options and execute your support case. Give us a call to learn more and set up a consultation with Mr. Kirby.
Family Law AttorneyWilliam Kirby earned his B.S. in Economics from the United States Naval Academy, where he achieved the distinction of being named an Arleigh Burke Academic Scholar. As a U. S. Marine Corps First Lieutenant, he was awarded the Marine Corps Funded Law Education Program scholarship and attended Duke University School of Law.
Family Law Attorney
Mike represents clients in matters involving child support, custody and parenting time disputes, divorce and separation, and equitable distribution. He is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey
Jill Branin is the firm’s paralegal. She assists our attorneys with all aspects of the firm’s family law practice. Jill is responsible for case management, trial presentation and support. Jill is a graduate of Peirce College where she obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Paralegal Studies.